Thursday, June 21, 2012

There is not such thing as TRY

Try not.  Do or do not.  There is no try.  ~Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back




"I'll try to meet you later for dinner......"


"I'll try to finish that book I'm reading (or writing)........"


"I'll try to go with you........"


"I'll try to help you..........."


So what do you think?   Can you count on me?  Will I do those things?  Will I follow through?   Be honest --what do you expect from me now?   


How many times do you use the word "try"?    The word is meaningless. No let me take that back ...it pretty much means " I will not meet you.... finish the book.....go with you....help you."    Making an effort, attempting to accomplish something and setting a goal....doing the best you can... that's all we can do.. Whether you succeed or not, it's the action you take that counts...Do or do not..but don't include "try" in your vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment